Training for practitioners who work directly with parents and carers. This is an ideal opportunity for practitioners to enhance their knowledge and to learn new skills, which they can use within their working environment.
Given the success of the RCT, Parenting NI has developed a Train the Trainers Course to enable the Odyssey, Parenting Your Teen programme to be widely available to parents. The Train the Trainer course gives candidates an opportunity to build on their skills and knowledge by participating in the programme. The process to become a registered Trainer includes completing an application form and successfully completing the Train the Trainer 2 day course.
Aims of the Train the Trainer course:
- To enable practitioners to deliver the Odyssey, Parenting Your Teen Programme with fidelity.
- To ensure that practitioners have robust knowledge and understanding of the underpinning theory and research on which the programme is based.
- Trainers will be enabled to deliver Odyssey, Parenting Your Teen Programme with fidelity.
- Trainers will add to their capacity to educate parents through high quality evidence based programme.
- Trainers will increase their skills and experience through offering widespread delivery of effective, evaluated programme to families within communities.
To apply for a place or to find out further information including the recruitment and selection process and details of costs for the Train the Trainer course you can contact Parenting NI Head Office:
+44 (0)2890 310 891 | firstname.lastname@example.org
See dates of upcoming courses – Training Dates